COMPETITION TEAM INFORMATION:
Competition Team is by invitation only:
Students have the opportunity to compete locally in a professionally judged, competitive environment. All dancers receive individual training at the studio to create a unique choreographed performance that showcases their skills. Competitions are a wonderful opportunity to see other dance performances and skill levels while being critiqued in a positive and constructive environment. The competition dancers will be part of the studio team SamCam & Company and will be expected to support each other as individuals as well as members of SamCam's Dance Studio.
Competition Team Requirements::
• Dancer must be registered for all dance sessions
• Dancer is not able to miss more than two rehearsals
• Dancer must attend all performance events, competitions, rehearsals, auditions, etc
• Dancers must attend MANDATORY rehearsals
• Dancers ages 9 and under are required to take a minimum of 2 classes per week
• Dancers ages 10 and up are required to take a minimum of 3 classes per week
• Dancers ages 12 and up ON ELITE TEAM are required to take a minimum of 4 classes per week
• ALL dancers are required to take a technique class as their first class option.
• Dancers dedication is to the competition team! Sports, and other activities come second.
• Dancers must have good attendance in class
• Dancers must represent the team in a respectful manner
• $150 yearly rehearsal fee is required
• Dancers who don’t already have a company jacket must purchase one ($25)
• All competition entry fees must be paid in full on time
• Competition fees vary on type of dance (Solo: $100, Group: $45)
• Dancers who are chosen for solos are required to pay a $100 rehearsal fee for the year
• Dancers are required to pay for all costume fees
• Dancers will attend two competitions a year, two parades, and possibly nationals
• Dancers ages 7+ are allowed to audition for competition team
• Dancers joining the competition team must understand this is a serious commitment